Six good reasons that make us confident about Protea leggings
1. Local & ethical, kind to earth & its residents
Protea is designed & made in Melbourne (Australia) with love and passion by local designer Alissa Stytsenko. Fabric, trims & digital printing are also sourced from Australian companies. Local manufacturing is the best way to ensure that every step of a product creation is done in an ethical manner, cruelty-free and beneficial to all participants.
2. Designer one-of-a-kind engineered prints
All Protea fabric designs are unique and original. We create engineered print-placement for each garment individually to make sure the positioning of the graphics is perfect & uniformed between sizes and repetitions. What you see on the product photos is exactly how your garment is going to look like! Cool, hey?
3. Soft, stretchy & durable hi-tech fabric
We found this magnificent fabric at our supplier in Sydney & were blown away by its qualities.
- Soft & silky to touch due to micro-fibre content.
- 4-way stretch with 100% shape recovery - meaning that this fabric will stretch with you even in the weirdest of asanas & will remain its shape through time and space.
- Sweat and odour resistant. Sounds unbelievable, but it’s actually true – this next-generation polyester fibre doesn’t absorb moisture & thus doesn’t accumulate smells; and knitted structure allows fabric to “breath” and evaporate sweat in no time.
- Incredibly durable, designed to withstand extensive wear and wash. So you can enjoy your leggings for years!
4. Minimum seams
3 seams is all you need to create a pair leggings - and 3 seams is exactly what Protea leggings have! There are no weird panels, unnecessary curves or cutting into skin wide waistbands. Only 3 essential seams! So why minimum seams are so important? A seam is a bulk of fabric & thread – and “bulk” is the last thing we need when it comes to pants. Less seams also equals less skin irritation – which is very important for sports, yoga, dance & other vigorous activities. And lastly, panelling is not necessarily a good thing – if a panel goes across the body (e.g. wide waistband) it is visually “cutting” your figure and makes your legs appear shorter.
5. No sew-on labels
Yes, absolutely NONE! Brand, size, care instructions are digitally printed on inside of waistband – this means NO itchy and scratchy sew-on labels to bother you while you are levitating.
6. Natural mid-rise waist
Protea leggings are designed to sit on natural waist – no lower, no higher. Soft wide elastic is inserted into waistband to unsure that your pants stay in place while you exercise.